In Missouri, Kansas and other states, methamphetamine is considered a highly addictive dangerous drug which impacts those who have been charged with manufacturing, distributing, or possessing meth. After all, no judge or prosecutor wants to be perceived as being “soft” on methamphetamine crimes.
However, all crimes are defensible — including methamphetamine charges. Retaining an experienced, knowledgeable methamphetamine lawyer can make it easier to prevent meth charges from putting a halt to your forward progress in life. At Henderson Legal Defense, LLC Attorneys at Law, our lawyers are devoted to helping people understand what complex drug laws mean and how they can exercise their rights to a fair trial. As part of the Olathe and Overland Park community, we truly care about minimizing the adverse impacts our legal system can have on the accused.
Facing Methamphetamine Charges In Kansas
The federal and state criminal justice systems regard methamphetamine offenses so seriously that prosecutors may push harder for higher bonds, convictions and harsh sentencing. Plus, mandatory sentencing guidelines limit the discretion judges have in sentencing matters. Manufacturing and distribution sentences may include:
- Up t0 42 months in prison and a fine of up to $100,000 for possession of methamphetamine as a level 5 drug felony
- Up to 51 months in prison and a fine up to $300,000 for distributing less than 1 gram of methamphetamine as a level 4 drug felony
- Up to 83 months in prison and a fine up to $300,000 for distributing 1 gram up to 3.5 grams of methamphetamine as a level 3 drug felony
- Up to 144 months in prison and a fine up to $500,000 for distributing 3.5 grams up to 100 grams of methamphetamine as a level 2 drug felony
- Up to 204 months in prison and a fine up to $500,000 for distributing over 100 grams of methamphetamine as a level 1 drug felony
- It is possible to register as a drug offender if convicted of distribution of methamphetamine
Meth charges can negatively impact your life if they result in convictions. At Henderson Legal Defense, LLC Attorneys at Law, we do not think you should be punished forever for a drug conviction. We believe that every crime is defensible and work tirelessly to help every client devise the best courtroom strategy for their situation.
How Methamphetamine Accusations Work
Prosecutors use many tactics to convince a jury of your guilt. This may include painting a picture of you as a criminal mastermind or attempting to show the methamphetamine was not for personal use. Since federal law prohibits a range of chemical substances including those that contain any detectable amount of methamphetamine, law enforcement officials will take these charges seriously.
Discussing your situation with a Henderson Legal Defense, LLC Attorneys at Law, attorney can help. Our nearly 40 combined years of experience arguing cases in Kansas and Missouri courts gives us the aggressive, proactive approach you need to represent you in the face of stacked odds. Learn more about your criminal defense options by sending us a message online or calling us at (913) 782-4030 today.